|School Year Library Hours|
|Mon - Thur||10:00 - 8:00|
|Friday||10:00 - 6:00|
|Saturday||10:00 - 2:00|
Friends of Muehl Public Library
(FMPL--Friends of the Muehl Public Library)
The Friends of Muehl Public Library is an ever growing non-profit organization that believes libraries are a vital resource in every community. We are a 501 (c) (3) organization and we are classified as a public charity.
Displaying Magnatiles which are manipulatives for children available to enjoy at the library.
Front row Deanna DeBruin (Treasurer) and Margaret Lautenschlager (President)
Back row Patti Lipp (Secretary) and Elizabeth Moeller (Vice President)
Contact by mail: FMPL c/o Muehl Public Library 436 N. Main Street Seymour, WI 54165-1021
Contact by e.mail: Send an e.mail with “Attn. FMPL” in the subject line to email@example.com
Officers at the HIGH NOON thank you banquet held at Doxbee's on April 19, 2015.
(from left to right) Paula Gregg stood in for Patti Lipp, Deanna DeBruin, Margaret Lautenschlager, Betsy Moeller, past president Holly Collar and library director Elizabeth Timmins.
The Friends of the Muehl Public Library are proud to present a birthday club for babies at birth, 1 year olds, 2 year olds and 3 year olds. Patrons are invited to fill out the form and turn it in at the library counter. Then they will be mailed a postcard for a free book, for their child/children, at each birthday up until the age of 3!! We have quietly started this and as of this writing (3.24.2014) we already have 26 children signed up. :) Pass the word! Blank forms are also available at the library!
On Monday, April 29, 2013 Paul and Paula Gregg assembled our new paperback rack (for easier browsing!) purchased by FMPL. Thank you! It is structurally sound and beautiful. Paula is holding up a sign that says Waunakee, Wisconsin where the rack was made. We are SO pleased to support Wisconsin businesses!
FMPL LEADERSHIP, 2013! THEY ARE POSED IN FRONT OF THE SMART BOARD BECAUSE THEY ARE SMART COOKIES!
*This was the report that President Holly Collar gave to the Board of Trustees on February 3, 2014.
FMPL Leadership 2012! (Flanking Shakespeare Flat Stanley!)
FMPL Constitution is available HERE.
FMPL is always thinking of new ways to both fund raise and help the community.
At the beginning of December they held a fundraiser for covering books. This was Ian Simpson's idea and he also was coached by Colette Bezio in how do it! Ian is pictured below (in the process). We are going to try this again at subsequent book sales!
FMPL funding in action:
FMPL funded an appearance by a Shakespeare impersonator at Seymour High School to a crowd of 330 students AND an appearance at Muehl Public Library to a group of 40 patrons. Both appearances occurred on the Ides of March, 2012. Shakespeare came from the Optimist Theatre, Milwaukee with a grant from the Wisconsin Humanities Council AND the National Endowment for the Arts. This grant gave us a considerable price break and an amazing experience! Also, FBLA students from Seymour High School were collaborators with advisor, Katie Grassel. She took the following picture:
Colette Bezio, our librarian, held a memorial for her family on Saturday, June 23 in the library meeting space. The memorial was for her father, Marshall Bezio, who passed away the previous weekend (Father's Day weekend). FMPL provided the flowers for the occasion which you can see in these two photos. Thanks, FMPL.
Benefits of Being a Friend
- A sense of pride and satisfaction in knowing your help can make a great library even better.
- The fellowship of other Friends who feel strongly about the value of a library.
- Visibility in the community and recognition for volunteer hours.
- Opportunities to attend workshops and go on fieldtrips.
Join the Friends!
Friends can join at any time of the year, but are renewed on an annual basis at the beginning of the calendar year. Membership dues are as follows:
- Annual Household Membership ($20)
- Annual Senior Household Membership ($10)
- Lifetime Membership ($100)
If you would like more information on becoming a Friend please contact the Muehl Public Library 833-2725. You can print a membership application and return with your dues to the library.
- Attend the monthly meetings at the library. Every 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30pm. (IN THE MEETING SPACE @ THE LIBRARY.) We don't meet in July or December.
- The Friends Thank You Banquet was held at Crystal Springs on Thurs. Jan. 24, 2008. Here is the text of the great, powerful, emotional speech that Paul Gregg gave at the dinner! [PDF]
- The Friends Thank You Banquet was held at Crystal Springs on Thurs. Feb. 19, 2009. Here is the text of the article that Elizabeth wrote [PDF] for the paper following the banquet.
- Thank you banquet 2010. Here are Elizabeth's remarks from that evening.[PDF]
- The invitation for banquet 2011 said it all! :
- Text of remarks from FMPL Thank You Banquet, Wed. March 13, 2013: REMARKS.
Members of FMPL support the library by volunteering their time, efforts and abilities in the following ways:
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation."
- Book Sales
- BETTER WORLD BOOKS (prior to Book Sales) This is why we WEED: BWB explanation
- Seroogy's Candy Bar Sales
- Decorating Committee
- Movie Nights
- Children's Summer Reading Program
- Teen Summer Reading Program
- Adult Summer Reading Program
- Holiday Raffle
- Wine Tasting Event with Silent Auction
- Membership Drives
- Special Events
What are the Friends' missions?
- Broaden community awareness and use of library services and resources.
- Support the library in developing library services and resources as needed in our community.
- Raise funds through membership dues and special events to supplement the library budget for materials, equipment and services.
Minutes of FMPL meetings, 2015 & 2016
- January 15, 2015
- February 19, 2015
- March 26, 2015 page one
- March 26, 2015 page two
- April 16, 2015
- May 21, 2015
- June 18, 2015
- August 20, 2015
- September 17, 2015
- October 5, 2015
- November 19, 2015
- January 21, 2016
- February 18, 2016
- March 17, 2016 St. Patrick's Day volunteer thank you banquet, no notes
- April 21, 2016
- May 19, 2016
- June 16, 2016
- August 18, 2016
- September 15, 2016
- October 20, 2016